Sunday, September 4, 2011

First Blog Assignment

I am taking English 101 because in order to complete my degree, I am required to do so. I hope to acquire better writing skills in this course. I have always been pretty good at writing if I have a lot of time to think about the topic before I actually start writing. In the future once I start having more assignments in school and other things I have to write for work I will not have the luxury of time. I want to learn to develop my thoughts and put them into words more quickly and effectively, Through this class I want to gain more confidence in my writing. As a marketing major the ability to communicate effectively and  clearly is imperative to being successful in my career.

Although writing is not my favorite subject or part of school, I do understand the importance of it. I believe that no matter what a person chooses to do in life they should know how to communicate and get their point across. This is a basic class that most freshmen have to take because no matter the student's major later on in their educational career they will have to write properly. Making English 101 a required course at Northeastern ensures that after this course all of the university's students have at least the basic knowledge in order to write properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment